Thursday 22 March 2012

So I Gather

Progress on the Birthday dress is very slow and despite being desperate to cut out something new, I am persisting. The only road-block now is setting in the sleeves...


As with the 40s blouse I was working on last month, the sleeves were supposed to sit flat but there was too much fabric in the sleeve cap. After comparing the measurements of the armhole and sleeve cap, I found I needed to take roughly an inch from the curve at the top to make them much easier to fit. Now for the pin easing...


Man, this technique is tedious! I can't help wishing there were an easier way but, if you're a perfectionist like me, the finish really is divine. The sleeves sit smoothly inside the armhole and it looks so much more professional. That said, I've only managed to get one sleeve in, evenly gathered and no puckers, but the other one needs to be unpicked.

Sigh, back to gathering I go...

- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...