Friday 4 November 2011

A Tribute to the Spitfire Women - Reprise

Just a quick post to let my Australian readers know SBS One  are screening The Spitfire Women documentary this evening (Friday) at 8.30pm. My earlier post barely touched on the amazing stories of these women, so if you're interested in learning more be sure to tune in. There'll be more on the prejudice faced by Maureen Dunlop (and the other women); the tragic romances of Diana Barnato Walker; and the rivalry between the British and the American girls of the ATA.

For now, I'll leave you with a quote from the adorable Joy Lofthouse:


"If anybody pinched my behind, I was only thankful I was attractive enough to have my bottom pinched..."

Happy Friday everyone!!

- Tamara


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...