Friday 4 November 2011

Jungle Fever

I have been sewing like a mad woman this week because it has occurred to me that my Thread Den market day is now only two weeks away. Eeeek!! The the original plan was to make some dresses to sell but I'm fast running out of time so it's highly unlikely. That said, I whipped this cute early 50s dress from Sew-Rite 8070 in a couple of evenings.


I found a mountain of leopard print crepe in my stash, lord knows how it got there but it had to go. Plus, it's very saleable. The black fabric is also a crepe from my stash.


The only thing left to do is add some self-covered buttons - in leopard print of course - and the hem. There's a whole lotta hand sewing in my immediate future!




The next North Melbourne Market  will be held on 13th November at the Lithuanian Club, 44 Errol St, North Melbourne. Make sure you come say hello!


- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...